The competition will be judged by a panel including internationally reknowned photographer David Rose. Entries can be digital images or prints, and the competition will be judged in three categories:
· 16 years and under
· Over 16 years
· Professional photographers and previous photography competition winners
The independence theme has been chosen to make the competition as accessible as possible. Interpretations could include running your own life without interference or not relying on someone or something.
The judging panel comprises:
· Professional photographer David Rose, winner of several major UK and overseas Press Awards. A former staff photographer with the Independent newspaper, David covers many issues in Britain and the developing world, and now works for a range of titles
· Olivia Abbott has worked in magazines and newspapers for two decades and since 2007 has been editor of Agenda. She is also a keen amateur photographer.
· Chris Williams spent many years as a partner in a creative agency, frequently directing top professional photographers. In 2007 he started Williams Art, in Cambridge.
· Papworth Trust client Gordon Carter is a keen amateur photographer. He also volunteers with BBC Radio Cambridgeshire.
· Anna Brim works in Papworth Trust's HR department. She is also currently studying towards a Photography degree and works part time as a freelance photographer.
When choosing the winners the judges will consider a range of factors including composition, originality, and interpretation of the theme.
Papworth Trust will display the winning entries in an online gallery, at an exhibition at Williams Art in Cambridge, and at Papworth Trust Centres in Basildon, Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Ipswich, Huntingdon and Sawston.
Prizes include a Sony Handycam DCR-DVD 115E camera worth over £300, plus other items kindly donated by Aloha photography (www.alohaphotography.co.uk) and Anthony Menswear (www.anthonymenswear.co.uk). The image which wins the Papworth Trust award will be used on the front cover of the charity's 2011 Annual Review.
For a copy of the terms and conditions, and details of how to enter please visit www.papworth.org.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Papworth Trust Photography Competition, Bernard Sunley Centre, Papworth Everard, Cambridge CB23 3RG.
Julia Rutherford, Senior Marketing Executive
Papworth Trust, Bernard Sunley Centre, Papworth Everard, Cambridge CB23 3RG.
T: 01480 357269 (direct)
Helpdesk 0800 952 5000 www.papworth.org.uk